[luau] Duplicating Music CD

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Nov 27 18:54:00 PST 2002

> I don't think you can access an audio CD without going through
> cdda2wav or cdparanoia or other equivalent programs.  Insert an audio
> CD, run any CD player program, then do a kdf, and you will find out
> that the CDROM is not even mounted.

I've been wanting to get into kernel programming for a while now.  I
think that
writing a cdda file system would be a neat little project.  Since, I've
not really done any kernel programming (other than helping jimen) it
might take
me a while, but i'm putting it in the back of my mind for when i have a
few days
free time.  Thanksgiving break would actually be perfect if I didn't
have a bunch
of school work to get done.

--Ray