[luau] Duplicating Music CD

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Wed Nov 27 18:11:00 PST 2002

Reading an audio CD is much more complicated than we thought.  (Think
about it, even xcdroast is not able to do direct copying of audio CDs.)
The problem I am having now appears to be that the xcdroast that came
with RH 8.0 is broken.  I installed the "updated" xcdroast rpms which
seems to throw everything in further chaos--now everything is broken,
including cdrecord.

I don't think you can access an audio CD without going through cdda2wav
or cdparanoia or other equivalent programs.  Insert an audio CD, run any
CD player program, then do a kdf, and you will find out that the CDROM
is not even mounted.