[luau] LTSP design docs

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Wed Nov 27 18:50:01 PST 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 06:06:14PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> > >2) What are the dependencies of the clients to the servers
> > >   and how that affects the clients' performance?
>
> I'm not sure what are you asking?

I was wondering if the clients ran everything over NFS or if some
applications were able to run locally for a performance boost.
The LTSP docs referred to configuring the local apps option.

> > >3) Is there an AUP? If so, how is it enforced?
>
> No, the only restrictions are those of any other Open Source
> Software. You have full rights to make and use as many copies
> as you want unless you are using any proprietary add-ons. I'm
> not aware of any proprietary add-ons for LTSP.

Actually, the question was related to an AUP for the students. It
is a can of worms, but I was curious if there was a censorship
policy that needed to be enforced.

Thanks,
-Vince