[luau] LTSP design docs

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Nov 27 18:04:00 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "R. Scott Belford" <sctinc at flex.com>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [luau] LTSP design docs

> Vince Hoang wrote:
>
> >Are there LTSP docs floating around somewhere?
> >
> >My initial questions are:
> >1) How are security updates handled?

http://www.ltsp.org/
LTSP is an add-on to any Linux distribution.  You use the standard update
method for your brand of Linux.

http://www.k12ltsp.org/
If you use the K12LTSP distribution, it is Red Hat with LTSP integrated in
the installer. After installation you use standard Red Hat updating with
up2date.

> >2) What are the dependencies of the clients to the servers
> >   and how that affects the clients' performance?

I'm not sure what are you asking?

> >3) Is there an AUP? If so, how is it enforced?

No, the only restrictions are those of any other Open Source Software.  You
have full rights to make and use as many copies as you want unless you are
using any proprietary add-ons.  I'm not aware of any proprietary add-ons for
LTSP.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com