[luau] trouble with cdrw

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Wed Nov 27 09:54:00 PST 2002

al plant wrote:

>Hi Scott,
>

>I tried to install one of these Sony IDE drives from Comp USA on both
>Mandrake and Red HAt and even though the help how-tos I found on the net
>and were sent to me  by other people showed how to run them as  SCSI
>using CD Roast neither would work. I encountered similar issues to the
>ones you describe. snip....

Thanks Al.  Unfortunately, the problem never had the chance to become an
OS issue.  It appears that there is some ATAPI incompliance with these
drives that is keeping the boxes from even booting.  They are
re-wrapped, packed, and waiting for a FedEx pickup.  This time next week
I will have something other than Sony drives.

scott