[luau] Windows hoaxes?

yuser at hi.net yuser at hi.net
Tue Nov 19 12:29:00 PST 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Mike Lui wrote:

This is not going to stop anything.  A mail is not determined
undeliverable until you get a message from site b claiming such.  This is
in no way shape or form related to you sending further outgoing mails.
That's like
me forwarding a copy of this mail to fake_address at here.com and not being
to send any further mail like to this list also until I can verify that
the first mail made it, which you can't.

Think BIG picture here..

MS has patches that will warn you when something is accessing your address
books.  It will popup with a warning.  I do not know how secure that
really is.