[luau] more firewall script questions

Dean Fujioka surfdean at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Nov 14 14:27:00 PST 2002

Thomas David Burns wrote:

>I am following Warren's walkthrough of MonMotha's script.
>
>Actually, I am doing some testing. Before I run the script, should the
>firewall be able to act as a router/bridge?

Before you run the script, there is no firewall.

>Warren says to use 192.168.0.1 for the local address of the firewall, I
>used 192.168.1.1. Could this be causing me a problem?

What kind of problem? As long as you have your internal NIC's IP as
192.168.1.1 and the appropriate lines in MonMotha's script set, you
should be ok AFTER running the script.

>Does it make any
>difference, assuming all the clients are configured to use that address
>as a gateway?

Yes it does make a difference, It's like going to someone else's house
(address).

derelict dean