[luau] more firewall script questions

Thomas David Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Thu Nov 14 09:41:01 PST 2002

I am following Warren's walkthrough of MonMotha's script.

Actually, I am doing some testing. Before I run the script, should the
firewall be able to act as a router/bridge? Does the script turn on NAT
and ip forwarding or should these be on by default?

Warren says to use 192.168.0.1 for the local address of the firewall, I
used 192.168.1.1. Could this be causing me a problem? Does it make any
difference, assuming all the clients are configured to use that address
as a gateway?

Double Dave