[luau] My thoughts regarding linux demos

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Fri Nov 8 17:09:01 PST 2002

MonMotha wrote:

> If you guys ever need any help with this kind of stuff, I have a bit
> of experience working in tight quarters (fitting entire systems with
> kernel on floppy, 4MB flash, etc) as well as readonly filesystems.
>
> Feel free to ask me at any time for suggestions, however keep in mind
> that I'm not very familiar with redhat.
>
> --MonMotha

Thanks.  So far, Knoppix seems to be doing exactly what I had in mind (I
really don't care whether it's red hat or white hat, as long as it does
the job).  I am also very excited to find out that there are a lot of
interests in this distro in Japan.  (I am downloading a Japanese version
of Knoppix 3.1 as I type.)

The only thing I needed was to be able do a customization to install cjk
locales along with a couple of commonly used programs that were not
included in the original CD, then remasterize the customized distro into
a new CD.  Someone is already doing this at the Knoppix forum.  But I
will keep you offer in mind.  :-)