[luau] Screen Font "Improvement" in WordPerfect 8 for Linux

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 5 03:52:01 PST 2002

I know I was preparing testimony for a public hearing using Abiword.  I
had just made numerous revisions and was doing the final spell check and
then Abiword just blipped off my screen and all my revisions were lost.
 I'm not using Open Office on my system (Mandrake 8.2) because for some
reason the spell checker doesn't work properly.  It claims to spell
check, but actually leaves much of the document unchecked.  The lack of
a decent word processor in Linux is most frustrating, and in my opinion
the single most important reason that Linux in its present state will
not find wide spread acceptance.  In other words, we need a good word
processor with good reliable spell checking, and we need it soon.
 Without it, we are still forced to maintain a Windows based system just
to do writing.