[luau] Screen Font "Improvement" in WordPerfect 8 for Linux

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Mon Nov 4 22:09:00 PST 2002

1. One of my biggest complaints about WP8/L is that its screen fonts are
very unprofessional and annoying; this has been the single most critical
factor keeping me from using it.

2. The new generations of Linux distributions (e.g., Red Hat 8.0,
Mandrake 9.0, Xandros 1.0, etc.) now allow changes in screen resolution
to be made "on the fly". (BTW, I would like to point out that this
feature has been available in "our" Corel Linux--the predecesor of
Xandros--for ages, but was available in other distros only recently.)

3. Because it has become so convenient to change screen resolution, I
decided to change the resolution from 1028 x 768 to 1152 x 864, and then
re-installed WP8/L.

4. Now the screen fonts in WP8/L look very acceptable. I am going to
play with it for a while. To me, WP8/L is still the most powerful
wordprocessor in the world.