[luau] disabling iptables

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu May 30 21:58:00 PDT 2002

Ronnie,

	Depending on which version of firewall software you are using this may be
easy or slightly more difficult.  My startup script
(/etc/rc.d/init.d/firewallcontrol) has a "stop" option that shuts down my
firewall. If yours doesn't, you may have to just "flush" the tables.  If you
are using something like iptables,  then you need something similar to
"/sbin/iptables -t filter -F INPUT " to flush the INPUT filter.

There is a HOWTO for iptables at:
http://www.linuxguruz.org/iptables/howto/iptables-HOWTO.html

Ipchains has a similar command set that can be used.

I'd make sure I understood what I was doing with this though, as you may end
up leaving yourself "open" to the outside world if you are not careful.  I
tend to restart my firewall from the init script as a matter of course after
any tinkering just to make sure it is in the state that I need it.

Good luck,

Ben