[luau] Looking for school LTSP project

Taylor Cody Civ SAIC/PETS Cody.Taylor at hickam.af.mil
Fri May 24 13:21:00 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Dustin Cross [mailto:dusty at sandust.com]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 11:39 AM
To: luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
Subject: RE: [luau] Looking for school LTSP project

Those Sparcs can make good diskless clients, with the only problem being
they most likely only have 8-bit color.
http://www.pucebaboon.com/SLXT/

They also make good firewalls if you have an extra NIC.

PS - I have about 20 or so monitors to donate (14"-17" svga), just need to
get them from Kaneohe to wherever.
Dusty

That is a good thing.  I think the custodians can find a bunch of SUN
monitors for us but we are going to need monitors for the Dell's at first.
More monitors may come later.  We just discovered that the Dell GX1
computers are PII-400, and the government is trying to get rid of all PII
machines.  They won't give us all the GX1's in storage, but we are going to
get a few.  The custodians and I are going to wipe the drives and add ram.
Some of the hard drives will have to be destroyed.  I won't have a final
word on wether machines can be donated to private schools, until Tuesday.
If not im sure there are plenty of public schools who could use them.
Private or public the first group of machines will be ready to go next week.

Cody