[luau] Reccomendations for backup routine/tools

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Thu May 23 19:29:01 PDT 2002

Thanks for mailing me the scripts, I'll take a look through them and
might adapt them to a sort of homebrew backup system (which will of
course get thrown up on freshmeat once I'm done, that's how my firewall
got put up after all...).

As for browser caches, it might be better to keep an exempt list around
that tells tar to exempt your browser cache (and possibly other things)
from being backed up.  This way you don't have to purge your cache and
take the performance hit in your browser as you have to redownload
everything.

--MonMotha