[luau] Job Opportunity

Mark Kellman mark_kellman at hotmail.com
Tue May 21 10:46:01 PDT 2002

Hello everyone.  Well, I relocated to Chicago and my employer is interested
in hiring some very strong Linux/Oracle/Java people.  It would help if you
had other Open Source skills.  Contact me ASAP either way.

The catch?  The jobs are in Chicago.  They pay extremely well, and will help
with relocation costs.  For those of you not familiar with Chicago, its an
incredible city offering a great deal of cultural diversity, strong arts and
academic communities (Univ. of Chicago, Northwestern, DePaul, Loyola, Univ.
of Illinois, etc...).  The overall cost of living is less expensive than in
Hawaii, and if you ask me, the food is much better as there is VARIETY.
Professional sports teams exist here, and there's so much to do that some
people over extend themselves taking in as much as the city offers.

Chicago is situated on Lake Michigan, which is part of the Great Lakes, the
largest fresh water lake system in the world.  There are about 30-40
festivals during the summer, so something is happening just about every
weekend.  Large events are Chicagofest, Air & Water show, and parades,
parades, parades including a Pride parade.  As I said, its a very diverse
city of about 3 million people in the city, and another 4-5 million in the
surrounding neighborhoods.

Its home to global companies in financial services, insurance,
manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, software development, and many more.  Its
home to companies such as Motorola, Anderson (yikes!), Boeing, Sears, SBC
Ameritech, Discover Card, BankOne, and many more.

If I'm trying to sell the idea to you, I am.  The President of the company
has asked me to bring in more people as I've explained the strong Linux
skills of several people from MPLUG.  His company, about 30 consultants,
focuses on open source development.  He's not found of M$, and is trying to
put together the same effort to bring Open Source solutions into the
classroom that MPLUG was discussing a month ago.  The difference is he's got
the politician's ears, and his company is very well respected.

They are a consulting firm specializing in developing mission critical apps
using eXtreme Programming methodology.

Any interest to get a job?  Email me your resume, or send this to friends
who would be interested in relocating to Chicago.  NO HEADHUNTERS please.  I
don't receive any compensation if you get hired.

Regards,
Mark