[luau] HDD-less Linux

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Fri May 17 21:58:06 PDT 2002

I have an interest, but I have had to wait for school to end to take on
the project.  In short, I have about 50, soon to be 70, point of sale
win98 workstations running Vandyke's CRT to telnet to a linux server
hosting the POS (in this industry the acronym is for point of sale, not
the often appropriate piece of sh__ :-) ) application.  I want these
machines to become thin linux clients.  I am at the beginning of the
research, but I sure would like to keep the hardware and just use the
floppy.  I really am very interested in working with you to
develop/refine this.  I will, over the course of the summer and through
the next year , be Open Sourcing as much of Pricebusters, a local
retailer, as is possible.  Success with this floppy will be huge.  The
POS company, based in Tennessee, www.synchronics.com, likely has a
dealer and customers in your neck of the woods.  This refinement could
lead to some opportunities for you.  We would certainly serve as a proud
reference.  More to come on this one, I am just emerging from the
oppressive shroud of the semester.

scott