[luau] HDD-less Linux

Eric Jeschke jeschke at portcullis.uhh.hawaii.edu
Fri May 17 21:37:14 PDT 2002

I'd be very interested in having a look at it.

I'd like to put together a bootable CD with X + a bunch of tools on it
and the ability to NFS mount /usr, /home and others on a server.  Sort
of like a portable diskless workstation.

It would be great for linux installfests, training, etc. because you
bring in one machine (could be a laptop, even) as the server, and any
other PC you've got on the LAN immediately becomes a potential Linux
workstation just by popping in the CD and rebooting.

--Eric