[luau] a network with limited circuits

Elizabeth Long lizlong at geek.com
Thu May 16 11:16:15 PDT 2002

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to network 20-25 computers
with only 2 - 20 amp circuits for a lan party.

I'm wondering if there are any kind of generators with line conditioners
or any kind of battery cells that could run a few of these machines
for a few hours without damaging them. That way, I could connect
7 systems to each circuit I currently have (7 seems to be recommended
limit on a 20 amp circuit) and maybe figure out if anything can
be done with the remaining systems.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Liz