[luau] NEWS: New Copyprotected CD's destroy iMacs

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Tue May 14 05:22:08 PDT 2002

Basically this type of copy protection is like the old PC software copy
protection schemes of yesteryear.  Basically the industry had to give it
up because it caused so many problems.  My guess is people will avoid
buying music and games that are on the copy protected CD's.  In the end
the record companies will sell less copies than if the disks could be
freely copied.