[luau] NEWS: New Copyprotected CD's destroy iMacs

John & Sheila Nickerson johnnick at pixi.com
Tue May 14 01:15:38 PDT 2002

Up to you of course but it ain't Apple you should be mad at.

And BTW, there should be no need to get Apple to eject your cd for you.

The cd's don't break the computer they just don't eject.

There are ways to do that on your own and the apple site has them spelled out.

Basically you either use the little hole and paper clip routine and if the
hole isn't there then reboot holding the mouse button which will eject the
cd. Or hold the X while booting into OS X and then use iToons to eject the cd.

Anyway it's not up to apple to fix stuff you or some third party broke.

My $.02

John