[luau] Computer Sounds

Ralph Miranda dragonhawk007 at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 14:47:55 PDT 2002

Alvin,
[mirandar at shf102145 mirandar]$ esd
esd: Esound sound daemon already running or stale UNIX socket
/tmp/.esd/socket
This socket already exists indicating esd is already running.
Exiting...

and I don't know what launcher looks like or where it's located at.

Ralph

Ralph, not sure I know enough to help, but here goes: if you are running
Gnome, you have to have the sound demon running, which is called esd.
Look for it and turn it on. Sometimes all you need is "esd" at a command
prompt; other times you have to load the launcher into you panel or
somewhere so you can easily turn it on. Good luck