[luau] Mandrake install from PCMCIA CD-ROM?

acciavat at hawaii.edu acciavat at hawaii.edu
Tue May 7 15:22:01 PDT 2002

Hi, I'm new to the list and I hope it's OK to post technical questions
here...

I have a Sony Vaio SR33 with a PCMCIA CD-ROM drive and USB floppy. I
can boot the Mandrake 8.1 install CD OK, but when it starts the install
process (any mode), it wants me to specify a SCSI driver. Using any
driver it says it cannot see the CD drive.

Can anybody rent me a clue on this one. Obviously Linux sees the CD,
but something in the install program freaks out.

I have done a fair amount of online searching and pored through the
mandrakeuser.org fora. No dice... most comments refer to how easy it is
to get Linux up on the SR33, so I must be missing somethng obvious.

advTHANKSance,
(sorry, I always wanted to do that)
Paul