[luau] sendmail via ppp

Patrick Kennedy patrickjkennedy at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 30 15:33:42 PST 2002

Okay, I configured my old 120MHz AT&T with Redhat 7.2.  Even got PPP and
fetchmail to work.  Downloaded 275 email letters from ISP.  It definately
works!

But now I want to send email out too.  I figure that I need sendmail for
that - unless there is a better idea.

I have "Sendmail for Linux," which is a great book.  A few good m4 script
examples.  But, the command "mailq" show stuff not heading out.  I'm not
using local DNS - I'm using my ISP's nameservers in resolv.conf.  So I guess
my ISP cannot reference my local sendmail server without MX statements?

As for the sendmail.cf, I am working with the m4 masquerading or nullclient
configurations.  Does any one know the best way to send email thru ppp
connection?  Thanks for any ideas.

Patrick Kennedy