[luau] Adobe Reader

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Mar 29 16:56:59 PST 2002

>The Adobe reader for Linux download from Adobe seems to be completely
>broken for me.

I've never had any problems with it.

>That's okay because the built in PDF readers in Linux
>can do the job *most* of the time.

yup.

>xpdf is the old one, and KGhostView is the reader in KDE.

xpdf is actually really, good but has an oldish looking interface.
 others are gv
(ghostview) and ggv (Gnome ghostview, sometimes callec gnome-gv).

>I tend to like KGhostView much more than xpdf.  Unfortunately both do not work
>100% especially with newer PDF's generated by the latest Adobe Acrobat.

xpdf uses it's own pdf reading code, while all the others use ghostview
under the
hood.  In my exprience xpdf is the best.

>I've managed to install the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows in
>CodeWeavers CrossOver plugin, along with a few other Windows
>applications that I use regularly.  That may be the only option for most
>people.

I don't see why.  Adobe Acrobat for linux works fine.

--Ray