[luau] Adobe Reader

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Mar 29 13:44:40 PST 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 11:28, Mark Kellman wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed Reader?  If so, how?  I'm getting stressed
> out about installing software in gzip/tar formats. I followed the directions
> and was able to get to the directories, but I can't seem to install any
> software.  What am I doing wrong?  The same goes for Oracle software.  I
> downloaded Adobe and Oracle to /root.  At least I was able to decompress
> Adobe. No luck with Oracle.  Of course, I have to read the Oracle.pdf to
> figure out how, but I can't install Adobe.
>
> All I can say is this is hard.  I can't wait until I can make all this seem
> seamless.  Right now, I feel sea sick going through all the motions.
>
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> Regards,
> Mark

The Adobe reader for Linux download from Adobe seems to be completely
broken for me.  That's okay because the built in PDF readers in Linux
can do the job *most* of the time.

xpdf is the old one, and KGhostView is the reader in KDE.  I tend to
like KGhostView much more than xpdf.  Unfortunately both do not work
100% especially with newer PDF's generated by the latest Adobe Acrobat.

I've managed to install the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows in
CodeWeavers CrossOver plugin, along with a few other Windows
applications that I use regularly.  That may be the only option for most
people.