[luau] REVIEW: SuSE eMail Server III

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Mar 29 04:24:32 PST 2002

This SuSE eMail server package is VERY NICE, and well worth the $1,000
pricetag for medium sized organizations.  I'm pushing hard to get this
implemented at Mid-Pac for e-mail, groupware scheduling and central LDAP
authentication for other Linux servers, Windows (via Samba domain
controller) and MacOS.  Kills several birds with one stone... heck, that's a
flock of birds!

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/4122/1/
"I confess that we use Sendmail at my office, not one of the commercial
packages. We do some pretty cool things there so when I look at commercial
Linux mail servers, I'm always checking to see if buying one would end up
limiting my functionality compared to what I've got now. SuSE's Linux eMail
Server III has an amazing number of features integrated into its GUI,
including all of the DNS functions for handling virtual domains and hosts.
If I were a brand new mail administrator this program would save me hours
and hours of fussing with Sendmail and BIND and numerous other tools. As a
user, I'd definitely love this product, its Webmail actually lets you create
mail filters and autohandling scripts, along with supporting some pretty
cool calendar and scheduling options."
(continued in article)