[luau] Security Structure

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Mar 24 21:35:58 PST 2002

> Will this Setup be more secured than my current one?

I figured I'd respond so you don't feel like you are talking and no one
is listenting,
but I don't think I can be of much help.

> Will the Mandrake Security System allow me to still do my fare share
> of on-line gaming....(I play UT, Q3, CS, and Xbox)

I'm definately not the most security concious person in the world, and I
don't know much in that area.  Warren Togami is pretty knowledgable in
that area tho, so I'm sure he'll answer you with in the next few days.

In general, you can configure the firewall to allow most things to work
well, but again I'm not the most qualified for this area.   MonMotha
knows a lot about this area I think.

> i bet i'l still need help....  ;-)

Just ask questions and you'll usually get qualified answers.

> Any suggestions?

Have you setup a box before?  I think Warren said he will be doing an
installfest soon.

--Ray