[luau] Security Structure

Toky toky at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Mar 25 01:35:16 PST 2002

I'm thinking on re-structuring my home network, My current setup is:

1- Win2k Adv Serv (Proxy/FTP Server/Web Server/Firewall)
2- 4 Desktops (Mandrake 8.1, WIN98, WinXP, Win2k) connected to the
server thru Enthernets (100mbs)
3- Each workstation has its own firewall.

This is my proposed setup:

1- Mandrake Security System (Firewall)
2- Mandrake 8.1 (Web Server/FTP Server)
3- Mandrake 8.1 (Development) I'm trying to learn PHP/Perl/CGI
4- Win98 (I have a lot of (ISA)legacy Hardware)
5- WinXP (My Wife's PC)

My Questoin is...(Finally....  ;-) )

Will this Setup be more secured than my current one?
Will the Mandrake Security System allow me to still do my fare share of
on-line gaming....(I play UT, Q3, CS, and Xbox)

I've pritned most of the User giudes for 8.1 and Security System.  But i
bet i'l still need help....  ;-)

Any suggestions?