[luau] Road Runner

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Mar 24 15:59:57 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Anderson" <andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com>
To: "luau" <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: [luau] Road Runner

> Hey Warren,
> So in reference to my earlier email about RedHat's Latest PHP rpm. So do
> you think that it is safe to run RedHat's latest PHP rpm? It is still
> 4.0.6, but I think that it has been patched to fix the reported bugs.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2002-035.html
>
> Steve

Yes their last two PHP releases of 4.0.6 have been safe, patched to secure
the file_upload bug.  The last package had a problem with the default MySQL
socket being in the wrong location, breaking many web servers that used the
PHP and MySQL combination.  It was a simple fix to edit the php.ini config
file, but they released an updated errata package to prevent more problems
in the future.

I personally use PHP 4.1.2 on some of my machines because I need some of the
newer features found only in 4.1.x, but if you don't need those new features
then the updated 4.0.6 packages from Red Hat should be fine.