[luau] Red Hat 7.3 beta 1

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Mar 24 02:40:11 PST 2002

ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors/redhat/betaiso/

5 CD's of Red Hat goodness.  I haven't tried it yet, but the CHANGELOG looks
impressive.  Among the best improvements are a port of the Debian
"alternatives" system allowing for multiple choices in software, like
Sendmail or Postfix for SMTP.  (Lots of people were angry when RH removed
Postfix in the early 7.x distributions.)  It also includes KDE3.  I can't
wait to try it!

If you have been trying to download Mandrake 8.2 or Cooker in the past few
days from Videl, we seem to have been knocked off the Mandrake mirrors.  The
main update hub refuses connections from the server and rsync took the
libery to delete all the files.  I don't know why that occured.  I'm talking
to Mandrake about this, but in the mean time you can download Mandrake very
quickly from here:
ftp://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/D/Mandrake/iso/