[luau] Road Runner

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Mar 22 19:13:43 PST 2002

>3. It is AGAINST RoadRunner TOS to run any kind of server, but they don't
>seem to enforce it unless find you doing illegal stuff or using a
>disproportionate amount of bandwidth.  Strangely last I checked you can't
>find this on the main TOS on Oceanic's site but hidden deeper in
>hawaii.rr.com.  I don't know what the current policy is if it changed since
>then.

We've had this argument before... I've read the AUP many many times and
it doesn't have a clause about not running servers. The only thing it
says is you aren't allowed to run webservers running porn (it also
explicitly mentions kiddy porn), and you aren't allowed to use it for
commercial purposes.

NAT'ing the connection accross computers is fine (but not supported),
using it to run servers is fine (but not supported).

--Ray