[luau] Internet2 Project Now Hosting Linux Distributions

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Mar 16 15:08:11 PST 2002

http://linux.dsi.internet2.edu/

The Internet2 Distributed Storage Infrastructure project has begun hosting
Linux distributions.
"I2-DSI is a project developed by members of LoCI Lab (loci.cs.utk.edu) at
the University of Tennessee. The I2-DSI is an open content delivery network
that allows anyone to become an active node and host existing content or
publish new content. The nodes maintained by the project are co-located at
institutions that are members of the Internet2 consortium and provide
excellent performance for content delivery.

"Participants that publish their content on I2-DSI receive the immediate
benefit of content redundancy and transparent resolution services.

"I2-DSI has recently added Mandrake and Redhat Linux distributions to its
Linux channel (linux.dsi.internet2.edu). Other popular distributions and
updates will continue to be added as the infrastructure continues to grow.