[luau] Lost my Window Manager in GNOME

Ralph Miranda dragonhawk007 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 16 09:49:53 PST 2002

>I got out of KDE and went back into Gnome where I did a right click on
>the desktop.  I activated a terminal and typed the command.  It worked
>great but I got the panel back but no windows management functions.
>When I activated my browser, all I got was the browser in my lower
>left hand side of the screen and I couldn't move it anywhere.  To
>close it, I had to go to "File"    "Close".   So, the typical Windows
>"Title Bar", "minimize icon", etc. didn't appear.

You were missing your panel too?  Sawfish is the window manager, it has
nothing to
with the panel, if you bring up a terminal and type

sawfish & disown & exit

it doesn't give you your window decorations back?
have you tried other window managers?

twm & disown & exit

kwm & disown & exit

etc?

Maybe you don't have sawfish installed anymore.

--Ray Strode

Ray,

The "sawfish & disown & exit" worked perfectly... thank you very much... the
only thing I'm missing now is the "Virtual Screen"  I think it's the one
with four blocks and you can choose any one of them to use.

Ralph Miranda