[luau] Lost my Desktop

Hershberger, Robert T Mr (CPF N63RTH) HershbRT at cpf.navy.mil
Tue Mar 12 10:29:08 PST 2002

>>Nautilus may have crashed.  When that happens if you save your session
>>on logout, it won't come back.  To get it back,
>>goto "Start Here" or just run "nautilus & disown & exit" at a shell.

Ray -- I'm not very clever, but when I lost my desktop the only thing to
show up was a blue screen and a mouse pointer.  Clicking the mouse buttons
brought up the mapped menus and I was able to do things, which extended only
to closing the Gnome desktop and logging in to use the KDE.
  Well I ramble, what is the nautilus and how do you disown with it?  I'm a
bit lost...

  Thanks in advance...

Robert Hershberger