[luau] Network Security with /proc/sys/net/ipv4

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Mar 3 16:49:30 PST 2002

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/articles/network_security_article-4528.html
Network Security with /proc/sys/net/ipv4

David Lechnyr submitted a paper he wrote on how to use /proc to tune network
security settings. "In additional to firewall rulesets, the /proc filesystem
offers some significant enhancements to your network security settings.
Unfortunately, most of us are unaware of anything beyond the vague rumors
and advice we've heard about this beast. In this article, we'll review some
of the basic essentials of the /proc/sys/net/ipv4 filesystem necessary to
add to the overall network security of your Linux server."