[luau] MSNBC: The Threat of a Linux Generation

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Mar 3 16:43:48 PST 2002

http://www.msnbc.com/news/718622.asp
MSNBC: The Threat of a Linux Generation
Young programmers turned off by Microsoft's anti-piracy policies are looking
to alternative software

March 11 issue - Even computer programmers can sometimes let their emotions
get the better of them. "If I made a great product, and Microsoft offered me
a lot of money, I would spit in their faces," says Brett Slatkin, a student
at Columbia University in New York. His colleagues roll their eyes and
accuse him of being stuck at the "hippy stage." But when talk turns to the
serious business of programming, they are of one pragmatic mind.
(continued in article)