[luau] Re: Restoring Lyris Archive Threads

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Mar 2 02:53:03 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Strode" <halfline at hawaii.rr.com>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [luau] LUAU List Transition Begins Now

> On the top From line of every message there should have been two spaces
> before
> the date, and the date was in the incorrect format (well actually it
> still is in the
> wrong time offset....i'll fix that later).  Also, there were two many
> lines added to the
> end of every message (don't know if that matters or not).  I'm still not
> sure about
> threading.  I'll have to take another look later.
>
> --Ray

I've taken a deeper look at how Lyris screwed with the "In-Reply-To" and
"References" header.  It removes information and reformats it in such a way
that simple string substitution cannot fix this.  However, Lyris itself
somehow keeps threads in its archive intact so we can attempt to figure it
out from there.

Any further ideas on this, Ray?