[luau] Browsers article

John & Sheila Nickerson johnnick at pixi.com
Sat Jun 29 10:26:01 PDT 2002

Here is a copy of an email I just sent to Burt Lau.  Maybe he'll buy a clue.

In your June 25th Browser article you said:

"It's amazing how it is still a one-browser world. Or is it? ;-)"

Well I say not even!

I use Linux with Netscape and Opera and Konquerer and prefer Opera for a
number of reasons.

I also use Windows NT 4.0 and Win2K with Netscape and IE and it's a push
which I prefer on this platform.

On my iBook with OS X i use IE, Opera, Mozilla, Omniweb and Netscape.  Here I
prefer Mozilla with IE as second.  Opera is a bit unstable here and Omniweb
looks pretty but has trouble with some java rich sites.

There are browsers on each of the above platforms that I haven't tried yet.

My point is that the war may be over on Win platforms because most people
aren't aware of any choices.

Articles like yours only help perpetuate this.

Please write an expanded piece on browsers after you've sampled the field a
little more.

Thanks,

John Nickerson

--