[luau] apache 403 problem

Ronnie T Livingston rlivings at hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 24 22:54:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Warren Togami wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 21:45, Ronnie T Livingston wrote:
> This particular file did not exhibit this behavior earlier, and it
> suddenly occurred?

I had this problem during my initial installation (a few months ago) and I
added a index.html file into my webapps folder (under the tomcat container
section) and this seemed to have fixed the problem.  I basically
reinstalled everyone last week because I couldn't figure out my previous
problem unfortunately just creating a index.html file doesn't seem to have
fixed the problem this time around.

 > What is a .do file?  Could you please provide more details?

I basically have a *.war file which the java programmers creates.  I drop
that into webapps and when I start tomcat it unpacks?? the war file.  login.do
is a struct file which is the main page for this particular webapp.

> Also, have you upgraded your Apache with a vendor supplied patch to
> close the remote exploit vulnerability?  Your Apache version doesn't
> appear to be a fixed version.

Gonna do that ASAP but if I can't figure out this last problem my boss may
trash this server idea first :(

-Ronnie