[luau] Senior citizens learn Linux isn't too geeky after all

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 14 04:21:00 PDT 2002

My belief is that some confusion for new users will come from "hda" as
compared to "C\:"  Another issue would be having to choose "ext2," "ext3"
"reiser," "xfs" and so on.  Also many people may not know what kind of
graphics, sound, or ethernet card they have.  My opinion is that there
will need to be a "Linux Computer."  As a community, we need to force
manufacturers to come up with hardware components that are sure to work
with Linux.  We all know that people often have problems with some
particular hardware component that would be easier to replace than try
to configure in Linux.  Time is money.  I would rather buy a wheel mouse
that works than spend days trying to configure one that doesn't.