[luau] Senior citizens learn Linux isn't too geeky after all

Elizabeth Long lizlong at geek.com
Thu Jun 13 05:42:00 PDT 2002

Before this night, I had already surmised this was a group of
people who by and large didn't know anything about Linux, except
perhaps some vague impression of it being too hard for the average
person. Indeed, when I told them I wanted to speak about Linux,
they asked me not to because "we have our hands full keeping
up with Windows." I persisted, because I, of all people, know
that the average computer-enthused person can do Linux, at least
to the point of getting it installed, getting on the Internet,
and doing office-type tasks. After a few days, they got back
to me with a decision: go ahead and talk about Linux -- maybe
they couldn't find anyone else to speak that month.

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/06/12/1731250.shtml?tid=19