[luau] Programming List

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Fri Jun 7 12:19:00 PDT 2002

Yes, I was talking not too long ago about need to learn to program and that
is why I don't mind seeing programming question on the list.

I know about several options for windows, but this script has to run on any
plain old win2k workstation without the NON-TECH users having to do
anything but "double-click" the icon on the desktop and send me the output
file.  It would be nice if I could get it to mail me the file, but I am not
that advanced yet.

Basically the script checks network status.  We are having trouble with our
DSL ISP.  So the script pings several IPs on our way to the internet, tells
the user what is up and that is down (i.e.  DEFAULT ROUTER (192.168.0.1) is
UP) and then writes a text file of all the output.  They call me and repeat
what is on the screen.  Pretty simple, I was just trying to make it
prettier (i.e. don't know how to print blank lines to the screen in a batch
file and can't get EDLIN to delete single characters or spaces on a line).
I repeat the exact same steps over and over and wanted to figure out how to
remove the redundancy.

I have attached the script if anyone has any suggestions

Dusty