[luau] eMacs

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Wed Jun 5 13:54:00 PDT 2002

Yeah, I was considering buying a giant dual G(5) after I graduate and start
making a solid wage.  I don't really know why.  I just want one.  But
besides the proprietary mac-only software, I figure I might be better off
with a big sun or a clawhammer or something.  But I guess time will tell,
and I think mac will have to make some improvements.  I heard that they're
making DDR G4's by the end of summer.  Of course, the only reason I'd
consider these as options is because I already have an intel-compatible PC.
No matter what people say, I don't think true windows compatibility is going
to happen for a few years, especially on other hardware platforms.  I know
there are a lot of alternatives to business and productivity apps for linux,
and that wine and winex exist, but when I want to play a particular game or
download some odd software, linux just doesn't cut it for now.  It just so
happens that every now and then I really need to run some 4th party app for
windows that just plain doesn't work outside of windows.  For instance, I
don't have the original copy of my diablo2, but I have a CD image sitting on
my computer.  With certain really hacked out cd burning programs, I have a
chance of making a copy with my non-perfect burner.  With a CD emulating
program with full copy protection emulation, I can play the image with no
problems, and its faster than the CD.  But personally, I've never found any
program like this for linux.  But that's just my story.

-Eric Hattemer