[luau] RELEASE: NMapWin 1.2.4 released

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Tue Jun 4 05:38:01 PDT 2002

nmap has been ported to NT, but not 9x as 9x doesn't have the needed raw
sockets (though a port supporting full TCP connect mode scanning might
be possible).  NT4 and Win2k will require administrator rights to use
the raw sockets, same with XP Pro.  XP home allows anyone to use raw
sockets (or so Gibson says; he made a huge fuss about it though so far
it's turned out to be not a big deal, still time for it to become one
though).

--MonMotha