[luau] PROBLEMS WITH DHCP

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Tue Jun 4 05:15:00 PDT 2002

are you still having problems with dhcpd?  I've had this problem before, try
checking the script that starts dhcp (most likely /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd if
you're running redhat), chances are your script is trying to run the daemon
on both NICs, as opposed to just the one you need it on (eth1 right?).

Presuming it's /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd - look for this line in the start)
segment:
daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd

and add 'eth1' to it, like so:
daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd eth1