[luau] xterm background in icewm

charon at netzero.net charon at netzero.net
Tue Jun 4 04:49:01 PDT 2002

Joe,
I MIGHT be wrong but Gnome Terminal HAS to make use of some gnome widgets or something and those DO take up memory and time to load
(maybe insignificant on a fast enough machine).
But try comparing those load times on something like 133mhz, you'll see the difference.
As for rxvt and xterm not having a scroll bar, they work the same as ye ol' runlevel3 does - use Shift+PageUp to scroll up. :)
P.S. I'm not trying to dispute the quality of Gnome Terminal (or gnome in general) here, but I do know for a fact that rxvt takes
very little memory.