[luau] xterm background in icewm

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 4 04:47:00 PDT 2002

Gnome Terminal under ICE = 8428K  RSS = 4312K
rxvt under ICE = 2712K - RSS = 1300K
xterm under ICE = 5460K - RSS = 2324

So technically speaking the other two use less system resources, but on
the other hand they don't have a scroll bar.  Obviously if you add
features, it costs in terms of system resources.  For all practical
purposes there is no penalty for using Gnome Terminal whereas there are
some benefits in my perceived user friendliness.