[luau] xterm background in icewm

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 4 03:43:59 PDT 2002

I don't think that's correct at all.  I don't run ICE on top of Gnome,
and  Gnome Terminal launches instantly from ICE and in my opinion has
certain advantages.  One of the advantages of ICE is that it runs both
KDE and Gnome applications without problems. I believe he said he had it
installed on RedHat which as far as I know tends to have Gnome as the
default desktop, and KDE as the secondary choice.  At any rate, I run
the Gnome Terminal in conjunction with ICE and think it's great and can
see no speed compromise whatsoever.