[luau] disabling iptables

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jun 3 20:34:00 PDT 2002

Ronnie,

	I apologize for not gettin gback to you sooner, I was away for a few
days.... In the RedHat 7.2 Install book, pgs 60-63 there are a few pages
describing the default security options.  If you selected one of these
options, you can edit the result with /sbin/linuxconf or by hand.  You can
turn firewalling off from the /sbin/linuxconf  -> networking -> firewalling,
or you can use the shell to do it.  Personally, I use my startup script
because once I got it right, I don't have to remember how anymore...  Also be
aware that the MonMothaFirewall doesn't reflect in the linuxconf firewall
rules.  It is started as a separate firewall. You may need to ditch the
default one just to make sure the one you want works the way you expect it to.

Hope this helps,

Ben

6