[luau] lil' bit'o hw wierdness

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 31 11:01:00 PDT 2002

I just got a new pc from Byteware, P3 on an Asus TUSL2-C motherboard.
I've done a Windows install and a RedHat install and noticed this:

with the windows install, it recognizes all of my pci devices (1 3com
ethernet card, 1 fibrechannel card) automagically, does everything it
needs to do for the ethernet card, ignores (apropriately) the fibrechannel
card.

With the RH install, it doesn't see either device automatically.  When I
go in and try to set it up (using the network configurator for the
ethernet, my own drivers for the fc card), it still can't see them.
However, when I went ahead and assigned interrupts to the pci slots being
used, both devices showed up automagically and everything was fine.

Wierd, or not so wierd?

-Charles